Friday, August 17, 2007

Where have I been?

I know you are all wondering why I haven't posted about the scrimmage. Well, one of the joy's of being the broadcaster is that the coaching staff has given me nearly unfettered access. My excuse is that it helps the broadcast by knowing what's going on....and it does help. But, truthfully, I'm just a pest. My mom will agree if you ask her. So will my wife.

So, when we returned from the scrimmage, I noticed Coach Wilson transferring the the video from the camera to the computer. I watched. He then transferred from the computer to VHS. I watched. Then it was duplicated.....Yep, you guessed it, I watched again.

Looking at my watch I noticed it was after 10......oops 3am comes quickly. So I didn't have time to post. Sorry.

Anyway, the Patriots started off as what they were....young and inexperienced. Blocks were missed, tackles were too. Coverages were blown.

But, an amazing thing happened during the 2nd half of the scrimmage. Those young men grew before our eyes. Are they ready to go toe-to-toe with either Ouachita or Rayville in a regular game? Probably not. But a couple of weeks from now, they could be.

Great job coaches and players. Keep up the hard work.


And, a special thanks to Stacy Jackson who was so helpful on the sideline for all the players and coaches.

No comments: